Wednesday, September 05, 2007

a FUN toy!

I have decided to add something new to this blog. You all know I have three children, ages 7, 5, and 3. We love finding fun places to go, activities to do, toys to add to our collection, and clothes to wear. I've decided to share my "finds" with all of you because having fun with kids is what it's all about! My friend Dawn told me about this great toy - the Stomp Rocket. I got ours at Costco for about $15 and there were a lot left. {*update* Costco is all out and won't be getting more in. :( It's still worth keeping your eyes open for!} You can also buy it from their website that is linked above. ANY child who can stand can do this. You just stomp (or jump or sit) on the pedal and a nerf-like "rocket" zooms HIGH into the sky. It's super-soft and fun to try to catch. It's great at the park and the beach. We pay the kids $1 per catch so that they are just as excited to "field" the rockets as they are to launch them. Don't worry, so far, it's only cost us two bucks. It's not as easy as it looks!
Here is Logan sitting on the pedal.
watching one take off...
Megan trying to get a lot of air for her jump.
I know a bunch of you are teachers and I saw this book on the stomp rocket website. It looked pretty intesting.I have so many more things to share with you so check back often. Tomorrow I will have photos of our new holiday cards ready to post on the blog as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun - I might have to go buy one! Thanks for the tip!